Gas Furnace Repair and Installation Services in Lewisville, Dallas, and Fort Worth, Texas
Many DFW and Lewisville homes and businesses rely on gas furnaces to keep them warm throughout the cold weeks of winter. When the furnace begins to develop issues, it can make the heating uneven within your home or even cause the system to shut down completely. A malfunctioning furnace can lead to a cold home, putting your pipes at risk of freezing and leading to the discomfort of your family members.
Thankfully, your trusted team of HVAC specialists at Select Air Conditioning & Heating can help you get your gas furnace up and running. We offer extensive gas furnace installation, repair, and maintenance services. Here is more information on how our team can help you have a comfortable winter season through our gas furnace services.
Furnace Repair Services
Gas furnaces are complex appliances that have multiple moving parts that need to work together to provide your home the heat it needs to stay comfortable. Even one faulty part can lead to the entire system shutting down and leaving your home in the cold. Here are some of the most common issues that your furnace can run into:
- The pilot light refuses to light.
- The thermostat is faulty and miscommunicating to your furnace when to turn on.
- There are abnormal sounds coming from your heater.
- The burners will not stay lit.
- The blower is not producing sufficient airflow to completely heat your home.
- The flame sensor is defective causing the furnace to shut off prematurely.
- The flue pipe or exhaust vent is dirty or clogged with debris.
Signs That You Need a Furnace Repair
Knowing when it is time to call your trusted HVAC technician to service your furnace is extremely important, not only to ensure that your furnace remains working properly but to also protect your home from your furnace overheating or even a gas leak. Here are the signs for which to look:
- You smell sulfur or rotten eggs: This often indicates that you have a gas leak. You need to evacuate your home immediately, including pets, and contact your local HVAC technician.
- Your home doesn’t seem to get warm: This could be a sign that your ductworks have a leak. This can also be described as having warm and cold pockets in your home.
- Your furnace has trouble starting or staying on: This can be a sign of poor wiring, dead batteries in your thermostat, or a damaged thermostat. An inspection from an HVAC specialist can help you locate the source of the problem.
- The pilot light is discolored: Your pilot light should be a bluish color. If it is yellow, then it could be a sign of a ventilation problem. Poor ventilation can cause the gasses in your furnace to become imbalanced and prevent the carbon monoxide from dissipating as it should. This is a serious problem that increases the chance of a fire. Contact our team immediately if you notice this sign.
- Your furnace is making weird sounds: All furnaces make sounds when they first start up but they are typically not distracting. If your furnace is making any squealing, rattling, popping, or grinding/scraping, or hissing sounds, it is time to contact an HVAC specialist.
- Your energy bill is rising: A rising energy bill is a sign that your heater is not performing as it should. This is often the sign that your furnace needs to be replaced.
New Furnace Installation Services
Whether you are building a brand new home or commercial building or looking to replace your furnace in a pre-established building, the trusted team at Select Air Conditioning & Heating can help. Our team can help you find the perfect unit for your building’s needs and ensure that you have the ductwork that is compatible with your new unit.
How Long Is the Average Lifespan of a Gas Furnace?
A gas furnace’s lifespan is generally between 10-15 years with proper maintenance. As the furnace ages, it can require more and more maintenance and repairs to keep it up and running. If you notice any of the following signs, it might be time to consider getting a new unit:
- Your unit is older than 15 years.
- Your energy costs are rising year after year.
- Your unit continues to break down even after being serviced.
Gas Furnace Repair and Installation Services You Can Trust
No matter what issues your furnace faces or whether you need a new unit installed, you can rely on the team from Select Air Conditioning & Heating! Our team offers thorough inspections of your unit, allowing us to get to the bottom of what is causing the issue and get it back up and running. We also take the time to go over your home’s heating needs so that we can find the right size furnace for your home and budget. Contact our team today for more information on our heating services or to schedule an appointment!